Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Revelation 9 "Still Complacent?"

After reading chapter nine of Revelation, I was struck by the people who did not respond to God. Even after all that had happened and seeing his judgment all around them, they continued to worship the idols they have made. But before I could accuse any further God reminded humbly approach these words. How many times did I feel his call to move or change an action and yet I did not respond. I continued to honor something else over him.

The first song that came to mind was “God of Justice”. It is a song that still challenges me to live out the words I am singing. To turn to what Micah 6:8 calls us to do; justice, love mercy and walk humbly.

Revelation is a book that forces you to consider your humility before and all powerful God and this verse reminds us that is not the words that honor God it is the action.

“He has shown all you people what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God” (Micah 6:8)

No comments: